We had a pretty sizable T-storm rolling through this morning. It produced the most thunder and lightning I've experienced in a long time. Had a few of the really good crashes where you're almost certain it happened right outside the window. In only a couple hours it was over, but managed to drop about 1.75" of rain on us.
Driving around a little bit, there wasn't much damage for the most part - just small/medium tree limbs here and there. A couple entire trees were down, but that may be due to heavy saturation of the ground over the last couple weeks. I'm not sure what made the shelter-house fall down but it's a good thing no one used it to wait out the rain showers.
I realized today that I really need to get some rafts. For the last few years, spring in IA = continuous rain and flooding. Dirt trails are almost completely forfeit for the near future, but water trails? They just get better when it rains and I even found a few small sections of rapids around here. This could work. Something has to - I miss the desert.
Almost over - radar courtesy of wunderground.com and Google.
A new indoor project we're starting soon. Brewing. Oh yes, that just happened. I've wanted to do this for a long time and Corrine just got me a 8 gallon brewing kettle for my birthday. Still need to order some additional supplies and ingredients but we're all set on bottles. I think I've washed/stripped over 150 now. It should be way easier next time around when there are no labels to deal with.
Bottles soaking in hot washing soda.
Sanitized and label-free.

No comments:
Post a Comment