Monday, May 2, 2011

Running and catching up

Went for the first "short" run on the schedule this week - 4.5 miles. Don't believe my cellphone camera, it was a great sunny evening. Upper 50s and a light breeze. We missed last week's long run (climbing a sand dune when we were supposed to be running) so my legs were a little more refreshed than usual.

We saw a large owl in a tree over Ivan's campground, I think it's either a Great Horned Owl, or a Long-eared Owl. I'm leaning toward Long-eared Owl due to its lighter color and appearance of stripes more than speckles. Another great use for a cellphone camera: "Hey, what's that thing in the tree over there? I'll take a picture of it. Oh neat! It's a blurry blob just as I expected."




The flowers/weeds are blooming nicely around the foresty areas of the river bottom trails. The may-apples are getting big already too.






Pelicans losing a battle against the river for dry footing.



Back west again for a bit - I found some more pictures that were forgotten on my cellphone, or just caught my eye and need to be posted.

We wanted to climb this huge sand dune last year while in Moab, but didn't get around to it. This is located almost directly across the road from Arches NP entrance. I have no idea why it's here - no others in the area, or anything like it.






I think we're on the Onion Creek trail near Moab here?


Kicking some mud/rocks out of my cleats after going through some large (but shallow) mud pits on an otherwise arid trail.



I've got a few panoramas that I want to post up after I finish stitching them, we'll see if that ever gets done.



No comments:

Post a Comment