Hoping to get the mountain-bikes out this weekend if the rain holds off. We've got a 50% or greater chance everyday from now through Sunday. I bought a new coil spring for Corrine's fork which hasn't even been used yet so I'm curious how that will work out. It feels pretty nice and I can't believe I didn't fix it before we went to Moab. For some reason Jamis Bikes decided to use the same spring rate across their entire line regardless of the bike size. So they expect a 100lb person buying an XS size and a 300lb person buying XL size to use the exact same spring? Good luck with that. I think the original rate was firm, which was about like having a rigid fork for Corrine even with the pre-load backed out as far as possible. It has the softest rate installed now, shiny.
I did actually stitch some panoramas together. They turned out pretty good for the most part. I usually have a problem with making them way too wide as I'm taking the pictures. For example, the one with a bike on the left side is a 180° turn. Some of these have originals that are over 9000 pixels wide even after cropping. Oh well, I can't help but try to take it all in. Maybe a full-frame camera body would help, running wider lenses. At least then I could pano in portrait orientation and get a result closer to a square aspect ratio. Then I remember I'd have to carry the full-frame body....
Not sure why this is all blotchy, will have to work on it some more.





No comments:
Post a Comment