Friday, June 10, 2011

Starting to get pruny.

In startling contrast to the extreme drought and fires out west, we've been having some pretty epic rain here. I'm not sure if the reported 24hr. total for Pella is correct, but the Des Moines area is reporting a pretty solid 5" all over. They even got some 1.75" hail. Fort Dodge got 4.5" which is an area that adds heavily to the river and lake levels here. The current forecast calls for the lake level to jump 7' over the next few days. I'm guessing it will end up being higher than that after the gauges up-river start reporting updated flows.


Imagery and weather data courtesy of Weather Underground and wunderground.com


I would have automatically assumed the 6.42" of rainfall was an error until I saw this on the way to work, and this is hours after the rain stopped falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment