Sunday, August 25, 2013
IMBCS #7 Sugarbottom Scramble
Sugarbottom Scramble was a big event - one of the larger of the series. I'd always heard great things about this trail system over the last couple years but never made the trip to check it out. What I wasn't prepared for was a rocky single-track trail under a tall pine-forest canopy, right outside Iowa City. It was a good one for sure and we'll be back just to ride it again later.
I was feeling pretty good despite completely imploding at Altoona Palooza just the day before. Assuming the worst, doing a double race weekend, I let myself fall back a ways during the start sprint. This meant working on course traffic almost the entire time but it was pretty easy riding. A couple other guys and I ended up riding off course through a unmarked / barely marked "y" intersection for about five minutes and then had to back track the entire way. This cost at least ten places at the finish but it was still a great time anyway!
Labels:
bicycles,
MTB,
Racing,
sugarbottom,
Trails
Location:
Iowa City, IA, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment