I think this was about the earliest we've left home for a race, out on the road before 5:00am. We had about a 200mi drive to north-west Iowa and our race starts mid-morning.
Our new strategy to arrive at check-in more than 5-minutes before staging has been going well. This leaves us time to do things like unpack, eat, and pre-ride the course. My legs were feeling decent when we got there and I think I'm starting to adjust to the new training schedule. Corrine and I have been spending two days a week in the gym doing both weight-lifting and running, two days a week on bike trainers in the garage doing interval max training, and two more days putting in mileage out on the trail/road. This leaves one day of doing nothing but that might become yoga soon. I like it!
The whole thing was a blast with constant brutal transitions from steep climbs to fast, swoopy downhill. Lap times were running 22-28min. Being in Category-3 and only doing one lap made me wish again to upgrade next year for some more ride time. We'll see.
Corrine took home a 3rd place and Cody snagged a #1 spot.




No comments:
Post a Comment