Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monday in Moab

On Monday, we awoke to some genuine sunshine and no clouds to be seen. We decided to take on a big ride today at Onion Creek. This was an out and back on a jeep road which totaled about 19 miles. I had a GPS track loaded for this trail but didn't really know what to expect. It turned out to be a huge huge amount of climbing on the way out, which made for some fun descending on the way back. Lots of great scenery that changed a lot.


Just about loaded up and ready to go. 



Sometimes it's hard to scrape by with only the essentials right?




 In the process of finding the actual trail-head, we got to explore this jeep road a little. I'm not sure how much water is usually in these streams, but I'm sure the recent rains helped fill them.






This was about all we did for the last couple miles. Climb, climb, climb.



The views from the top were nothing to complain about though.




We discovered that at the very end of this trail, is a meadow, complete with purple flowers.





We had some time left and it wasn't too late yet, so we decided to drive down a new road we'd not tried before. It was sprinkling on the way out, which produced this rainbow right when we got to the end of the pavement. I've got a panorama of this that I'll post up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment