Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bobber's Cross ie: Tubeless Revolution

And so it began. Corrine decided to double-up on races at this one, racing her usual CX-4 and also the Pro/Open race. We mass started again so I didn't get to see any of the first race but while she was well out in front, Corrine flatted about seven minutes in. Far enough ahead of second place to spend time trying to re-inflate the tire with a C02 before second even got there, it was not salvageable and there was no bike in the pit to run to (I was riding it). There was a fast change up a hill from pavement to small fist-
sized rip-rap and I'm guessing the rim pinched it on there.

Corrine's Pro/Open race started immediately after mine so she found someone (thanks Scott) to replace the tube and was good to go, finishing the open race without incident. The wheels which came on her new Foundry CX bike turned out to be tubeless-ready so that was easy. They're all setup now and should be pretty well indestructible against puncturing or pinching.






No comments:

Post a Comment