Sunday, July 7, 2013

IMBCS # 3 Seven Oaks


After a long break where there's a gap in the season schedule, we're hitting it hard now! IMBCS #3 today which is at Seven Oaks Recreation near Boone IA. The race staging and registration is on top of the ski slope. Somehow arriving early (new experience for us), we find that there is almost no one here and wonder how tiny these fields will be. We find the parking area where there are a few more vehicles and get setup. More people rolled in later but I think there were less than ten people in my category. 






I don't have any pictures of the Jimmy Johns team racing but there were several photographers wandering around so we'll see if anything turns up. 
This course was super fast and has a pleasant mix of technical features as well as smooth downhill runs. It sounded like lots of people had visited to pre-ride it in the week prior but we did no such thing and, in fact, didn't even go on the trail prior to staging. After a really fast start down some gravel, I was trying to stay in 3rd and ended up blowing through some marker tape and almost rode into a big drop-off. 



As we were milling around waiting for official results, I saw a guy licking shot-blocks and sticking them to his top tube. He claimed this works great and they stick best if you get the Margarita flavor. He was racing Cat-1 Expert and we did see him later after finishing his first lap with the blocks still on board.







Official (enough to fill the podium spots anyway) results came out with Cody in 2nd place in his category and Corrine 3rd in hers. I think I am 6th (same category as Cody) but no complete list out yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment