Sunday, January 20, 2013

USVI Day 6 (added videos)



Sprinkles early as always, and we have a great rainbow this morning. It's still weird to me that the temperature never changes from one day to the next, like the most perfect day in summer but every single day. Today the plan is to check it out the Annaberg ruins, which I've seen on several souvenirs up to this point. I figure that has to mean its either the biggest ruin or just the closest to the road. It turned out to almost be both.




Here we're fitting the GoPro to one of the Jeep's tow hooks.



Annaberg ruins, and this place is huge. I think it was the biggest of all that we saw. This could simply mean that it's been destroyed the least but I'm not sure. Nice buildings and most of it is standing.



The mill is big but not nearly as extravagant as another we saw later.






This was the first time I've seen a sailing cruise ship that is actually the size of a cruise ship.




We headed back to the lot to get ready for some snorkeling. The place to be is Watermelon bay, which is located at the end of a really nice hiking trail that flows along right next to the water.







A mongoose sighting! These are apparently everywhere but I didn't see many. They were brought here to hunt smaller varmints but turned out to be terrestrial when the prey was nocturnal (possibly the other way around, I'm not 100% certain.









We ate dinner at Ms. Lucy's which is always great. I discovered that they serve beer which is home brewed by some guy in his house in the island. It was pretty good and did not make me sick later. Win, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment