Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fat Tire Finale!

This was a most unexpected finale. I really did think it would be raining at some point during this whole thing but we actually had solid weather for the duration. 

The destination today was Confluence Brewery which is near Gray's Lake just outside downtown Des Moines. We got a private (as a group) look and tasting session before the public grand opening. This place isn't joking around - large capacity and way bigger than any other brewer in the nearby area.


Multiple kettles.





Heading back to El Baitshop to wait for the bike raffle.


...I don't know what this is.




After the raffle (didn't win), we went looking for some offroad trails to ride. We had 2x CX bikes and one road bike?




Not many pictures of the trails (as I was working to keep my road-bike upright on wet dirt) but this one dead-ended in some construction.


Found some ultra-fine/dense sand that my bike easily stood up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment