On the road bright and early today, Corrine ran the Capital Pursuit in down-town Des Moines. As if to confirm that it's really Fall now, the temperature was 34°F when we left the house. The lowest we saw was 32°F in Carlisle.
The low overnight temps created quite a bit of fog around bodies of water. I couldn't get a very good picture but there was extremely dense fog hanging over the Des Moines River almost like a floating snake.
Clear skies met the sunrise and promised warmth soon.
Lots of people waiting to stage. This is an extremely small event considering that it's 30years old. I think it had 500-600 participants last year.
Race start! I'm not sure what happened, but the gun went off 5-10 seconds after everyone started running - odd.
Corrine crushing it on the way into the timing gate.
Ten miles later - finish!













No comments:
Post a Comment