Saturday, August 11, 2012

"Nothing Compares"

At least that's what my ticket said. We went with friends to the Iowa State Fair this evening. Crowd size was the absolute polar opposite of the last time Corrine and I were here. It was a sea of people in nearly every direction. Notable finds were the Iowa Craft Beer Tent and the Double Bacon Corn Dog (contained plastic chunks, thanks Cody).






Foot-long corn dog was legitimate.










Raise your hand if you can say: "I sprained my pinky toe at the Iowa State Fair." It's turning black and blue right now. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks worse than a sprain. your toe look 90deg off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deviation along the axis is normal - it's probably a strong 35°. What's even better was the next day when a black bruise made its way around to the next toe. I had spilled beer on it though so that seems to have sped up healing - looks good now and only slightly sore.

      Delete